Do you know your photons from your photosynthesis? Find out whether you’re a Marconi or a Minion when it comes to science with this fun quiz:
- Physics is the study of what?
a) Everything that is alive
b) Matter and energy
c) Life, the universe and everything
- If you understand quantum physics you are:
a) A genius
c) Stephen Hawking
- ‘Beaming up’, as per Star Trek, is an example of:
- How many planets are there in our solar system?
a) Nine, of course
b) Well, it depends what you call a planet, doesn’t it?
- What is the largest animal ever to have lived?
a) The blue whale
b) The brontosaurus
c) The Tyrannosaurus Rex
- How many cells are there in the average human body?
a) 5 billion
b) 300 million
c) 37 trillion
- How long does it take light from the sun to travel to earth?
a) 8 minutes
b) 3 days
c) 150 years
Answers: 1. b) 2. b) (no-one really understands quantum physics) 3. c) 4. c) (Pluto is no longer considered a planet) 5. a) 6. c) 7. a)
How did you do?
1-3 right: You are a Minion.
4-5 right: Not bad.
6-7 right: A definite Marconi. Well done.